Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

5 Things.

It's been one of those days. I've been all over the place.

My apologies for the randomness that follows. I can't help it.


1. It felt like -40 today - and I survived. Not only did I survive it, I shopped in it. It wasn't too bad once I had on wool socks, Uggs, jeans, cotton shirt, wool sweater, parka, hat, hood, and mitts. You'll notice I didn't mention whether that -40 degrees was in Celsius or Fahrenheit. That's because the two are equal. --40 is -40 no matter what country you live in, no matter what language you speak, no matter what units you use. The basic equation is Cold = Cold.




2. Please, Dear God, look at this face. This is Edna. I met her this weekend. She's 7 years old. She's not very lady-like, if you know what I mean (hump, hump). She is the most ridiculous dog I have ever encountered.




3. I spent my afternoon painting our bedroom in preparation for our new bedroom suite. Note to self: Wash the paint off of your legs before going to the gym. Otherwise people look at you funny and paint gets all over the equipment.




4. The starch manufacturers are in cahoots with the chapstick companies. You know the chapstick conspiracy; the only way they stay in business is by counting on the customers to loose their chapstick long before it would run out. That way you buy another one and the company stays in business.




Starch is just the same. The second a dog walks by the ironing board the can of starch falls, hits the floor, and the top breaks off. Then all ironing ceases until I remember to buy a new can, which I don't need because I have a perfectly full can - it's just broken. I've been averaging about four shirts per can. It's a conspiracy, I tell you.




5. Maple was in lazy dog heaven today. Because of painting I had to move the dog beds out of the way. So I stacked them up, with her favorite on top. She curled up and took advantage in under 3 seconds flat.

I couldn't decide what she looked like more:

~A four tier ice cream cake? Vanilla on the bottom, chocolate in the middle and Maple on top.
     hahahahahhahaha.

~An ice cream sundae with a Maple on top?

~The Princess and the Pea?

~Maybe just a spoiled dog who is enjoying every second of dominating the all beds simultaneously.

Note: Please don't judge the amount of dog beds. These things happen when you combine two households.


Thanks for seeing the post through. I understand if you never want to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment