Monday, May 13, 2013

Productivity At Its Finest.

It's really early right now - like, it's 7:30am. I try very hard to never see the other side of 7am but I got up bright and early this morning to say goodbye to TC and get this day started. I have a flight to catch in t-minus four hours. I'm off to Atlanta today to then head to the beaches of South Carolina for a wedding next weekend. 

Guess I should start packing.

But first things first. This weekend was amazing. When TC and I got home from work on Friday it was absolutely beautiful outside. 

I had a major hankering for ice cream (which would probably help explain the extra 20 pounds I can't seem to get rid of) so we hitched up the pups and set off down the street.

Frosty's ice cream shack is a few blocks away, which is very dangerous. Way to convenient, if you ask me.

I love the gumball machine of sprinkles - how smart! That way you can get as many as you want without being judged.

Saturday morning I woke up to the sounds of what I thought was a lawn mower outside. Good for TC, I thought, way to mow the lawn and be productive. But wait, we don't have any grass in the backyard...

Ah yes, he had gone to Home Depot and rented a giant tiller. This was all fine and dandy until it came time to load it back in the car. There was no way he and I were going to be able to do it so we called in reinforcements. 

Serge, Mike, Christina and their little one all came to the rescue. While they were there it became apparent that I was going to need some help painting too. 

You see, our house is actually a triplex with an apartment on each floor. Our first floor tenants just moved out so I'm repainting the entire apartment in a nice neutral beige. It was slow going so Christina offered to go home and change into paint clothes and come back and help me.

Mike ended up staying too since TC needed a hand in ripping out the bathroom mirror and installing an outlet. Can you imagine living in a bathroom with no electrical outlet? I'm not sure how our old tenants handled that, but I guess that's what you get in a 100 year old house.

Meanwhile, Little Miss played a lot of hide and go seek, put her hand in wet paint several times and chattered away for hours to entertain us. The energy that a four year old has is truly astounding. I was exhausted just watching her. 

The day flew by and eventually we were all starving so we sent Mike to the store in search of food and beer. He came back with a delicious array of chicken wings, sushi, bruschetta, french fries and Corona. The dinner of champions.

We also busted open a bottle of champagne that my MIL so kindly gave me for graduation. And yes, I realize that the paint is supposed to go on the walls and not on my sweatshirt. I'm a messy painter, what can I say?

Earlier in the day we taught Little Miss how to use a screwdriver to take off outlet covers so it only seemed natural that TC continued with the life lessons by teaching her how to fly the helicopter.

Sunday was spent recovering from our overly productive Saturday, cooking frozen food for TC to live off, and celebrating our mothers.

Mom, I get to see you tonight! Tomorrow I'll take you for fro-yo and pedicures.

I'm going to pack now. Wish me luck.

Have a happy Monday, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time in Atlanta and at the wedding! Tell your mom and dad I said hi -- I just love them!!