Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Typical Wednesday Confessions.

It's Wednesday night. That means that tonight was 'Why Not Wednesday', which is a weekly meeting of my girl friends. We meet at a small hole-in-the-wall just a few block away from my house. We always have two rounds of drinks along side animated conversations. Except tonight, everyone had three rounds.



not from tonight....
I had two and a half. It couldn't be helped. At the end of the second round we were in the middle of heated discussion about taxes and the IRS, which is no fun for an American to talk about but it's even less fun for an American-living-in-Canada to talk about.

So, a third round was necessary.

We dabbled in the conversation of health care too. Also, not fun for Canadians and Americans to talk about.

Cultures and politics aside, it turns out that the four of us all have aching and problematic bodies that need medical care.

I swear, if you had been there you would have assumed we were a bunch of geriatrics, not a crew of late twenties / early thirties (ahem!) healthy and active people.

So now that we've covered the discussion that required a third round of drinks, let's talk about the first round.

First, we had a snow storm today. And technically, it's the first day of spring. Seriously? Welcome to Canada.

I loved having a day off of work, so I'll take it. I'm no longer in the business of complaining about winter since I know that spring is just around the corner.

Also, in reference to the previously mentioned ailments, I had my very first massage therapy appointment this afternoon. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but what I got did not meet my expectations. There was nothing spa-like or relaxing about it. It was all business, which was apparently what I needed. My therapist was absolutely amazing and I can already feel my hips, wrists and shoulder blades starting to become normal again. What a painful, yet fabulous, experience. I can't wait for next week when I go back for more.

Even more exciting? I booked a trip to Atlanta today! Come May 13 I'm headed to my homeland. I can already hear my parent's kitchen table calling my name. Kate! Come drink coffee and talk about nothing for hours on end with your mother! 

I can't wait.

The other thing that I mentioned to my girls tonight is that I'm in the process of making a few subtle changes to this blog. I know my blogging has been quite lackluster lately, but I just can't keep my eyes open late at night anymore. On the up side, I finally figured out how to make a navigation bar at the top. If you look there is an About tab now. It's empty because that writing an About page is hard. If anyone wants to do this for me than I'll gladly accept your help. You just have to promise that you'll make me sound way more awesome than I really am. There is also a brand new header (banner) that is in the works. Hopefully, it will be ready in the next few days.

That is it, my friends. Nothing special to report.

I have more Parisian adventures to share with you but we'll save that for another night.

I hope you're having a fabulous week!


No comments:

Post a Comment