Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Final Day in Paris.

Well, hello there. It's been a while! But alas, the week is over and the long weekend is here. I, for one, am super excited. The week was good to me. I made it to the gym almost every day, I bought myself a pretty new dress for spring and I'm slowly checking items off my to-do list. 

This weekend we're going to hang out with friends, celebrate our three year wedding anniversary and I might even hide some chocolate around the house for TC. Fun, right?




But let's back track a bit. It's been a few weeks since we returned from our fabulous trip to Paris. It feels like yesterday that we were there. The streets and the architecture just aren't the same here in Canada.

And for that matter, neither is the shopping. On our final day in Paris, we spent our time shopping. Really, it's kind of a miracle that we made it through four days without shopping.




Gallery Lafayette is bar none the most amazing store in Paris. Just the ceiling alone is magnificent.





And the labels - oh, the labels! - Dior, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, the list goes on.





Of course, most of our wallets can't handle this type of luxury. But, browsing and window shopping was still pretty entertaining. A girl can dream, right?

  A three hundred dollar scarf? Sure, I'll take one in every color! Wrap them up for me, please.





Because it was vacation, we treated ourselves to refreshments over lunch, which has to be the most perfect way to end a morning of shopping.





And then we indulged even further at dinner. Warm goat cheese salads, escargot (for TC - not me!), steak, and wine all while sitting in an adorable little restaurant.

Perfection, I tell you.





I could live in Paris, I think. Typically, I don't consider myself a city person. However, in dream land, it would be fun to pick up beautiful flowers on the side of the street....




And then take them home to my cute flat that has this for a window.

Can't you just see yourself opening up that window, singing a song to yourself while watering your plants? The cool spring breeze would blow through the curtains and all would be right in the world.

Who wants to move across the pond with me? 


No comments:

Post a Comment