Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Phantom.

The last time I lived in Atlanta was when I was in high school. Well, technically, at least. I was always here a lot, just never on a permanent basis.

My mother has always referred to me as the Phantom Child. I'm never around, I guess. For example, on a small scale, I run to Starbucks in the morning and then never come back. Things will come up, someone will call, and I'll keep myself busy all day. On a larger scale, I do things like move to Florida, move to Canada or go to Maine for the summer.

I can't help it. Life happens.

You see, things come up. Opportunities present themselves. Ideas strike. I jump.

Is that a bad thing?





Anyway, throughout all the journeys and adventures, Atlanta has always been homebase.

It is weird living in another country these days. I mean, let's be real, Canada is far away. It is adjacent to the ole USA, but it is still pretty far. I know we're not crossing oceans or anything but still... For the first time in my life I can't just drive home for the weekend.

I don't know what I'm trying to say here. I guess my point is that I'm sad to leave tomorrow. I miss the US. I miss my friends. I really miss my family.

But, I've missed TC too. I miss our house in Canada. I miss my life. I miss my routine.

That is a lot of stuff to miss, isn't it? But you know what? It's been like that my whole life. My family moved a lot when I was little. Since I graduated from high school I've been on the go. I'm constantly leaving one thing for the next. And that means missing something all the time. It's a part of my life. However used to it I am, it doesn't necessarily make it any easier.

So, tomorrow I head to Maine for a few days and from there I'll head back to Canada.

This must be why my mom calls me the Phantom Child. Apparently, I'm hard to keep track of.

I can't imagine what on Earth she could be talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment