Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

I Need More Sleep and Magic In My Life.

Almost three hours. That is how long I slept after school today. I thought working in kindergarten was exhausting. As it turns out, high school is no better.



For the past year and a half I've been working on a degree in education. My classes have finally come to an end and all that is left is a few months of student teaching. Because I have a degree in microbiology and because I kinda sorta requested it, I've landed myself an internship teaching AP Biology to a whole bunch of brainiac 18 year olds. These kids are awesome and dedicated and smart. Oh, so smart. They're making me wish I had paid just a little more attention back in college. If I could remember exactly how that whole DNA replication thing worked right now the world would be a much better place.

Did you have that teacher in high school that everyone absolutely adored? They were so great that you still remember their name? And when the high school reminiscing starts up at a party, you have a whole list of great stories you can choose to tell, because they were that memorable and that awesome? Well, that's the teacher I'm working with right now. He's brilliant and creative, laid back but structured. He's got an arsenal of forensic lab equipment that would impress the police department. And he makes it look so easy. It's like he just wakes up in the morning and and conjures up a life changing lesson plan while he sips his coffee. When I question how his mind works and where he comes up with these ideas, he swears that its because he researches and studies and puts in long hours. But I don't believe him. I think he's magic. It's the only logical and scientific explanation.

Now that its midnight I should probably go make my lunch for tomorrow. Let's hope that I too have an magical coffee-induced epiphany tomorrow morning. And the morning after that. And then the next day. And the next.

Ah, and remember. Kind thoughts, kind words.

Have we not talked about that yet? We'll get there next week.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment