Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend Highlights.



This weekend was just about as perfect as they come. It was a good mix of fun, productivity and relaxing. Good thing too, because this week is going to be a doozy. 

TC and I laid low on Friday night. He worked most of Saturday and I spent the day painting my living room. While it isn't exactly what I envisioned, I'm really liking the change. I'll show you the photos tomorrow, but only if you promise to tell me what a vast improvement it is.




It was so beautiful out on Saturday that we spent the evening grilling out. Or, barbecuing, as they insist on calling it here - even though there is absolutely no BBQ sauce or meat involved. 




The first cookout of the season is always the best - so much to look forward too. A few of us got together and Carla and Tyler's house so that Gwen could entertain us the whole time. 

Those cheeks and blue eyes are too much. 




Sunday was...well...perfect. We got up bright and early and headed to our weekly breakfast place. When TC and I got home we put on our productive pants and finished raking the backyard and bagging the leaves. Let's be honest, TC did all the work and I just stood around looking cute and holding the bags open. 




I had a workout and grocery shopping on the agenda, but ended up pushing that back until later in the evening so that I could spend the rest of afternoon with Jaclyn. She's heading to Peru in a few weeks for the adventure of a lifetime. Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picu are all on her list. 

Last week we we were talking about her trip and it came up that she has a beautiful Canon Rebel sitting around and collecting dust at her house because she doesn't know how to use it. When I found this out I insisted that she learn to use it and then bring it on her trip. An amazing trip like this needs amazing photos! 




So we headed out for a hike around the park today while I gave her a crash course in DSLR cameras. The beauty of a Rebel is that the camera can't help but take great photos, even if the photographer doesn't have a clue what they're doing. Plus, they're light weight and durable, so they're perfect for traveling. My Rebel is eight years old and still rockin' it hard. I've put that thing through hell and it still perseveres.




I tried to keep our little session basic and just give her a few tips and some practice time, but of course she wanted to know details. So we talked a bit about exposure, aperture and shutter speed while we clicked away. 

Jaclyn, are you listening? Take that thing to Peru. You'll be glad that you did. 




I did eventually make it to the gym and even managed to shave a few more pounds off the scale.

Of course, that's obsolete now because TC and I got caught up in the beautiful weather this evening and indulged in ice cream cones. It's the first weekend that the ice cream man has been open for business, so there was no way I was passing it up.

Have a happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment