Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Random x 5.



1. Bath and Body Works is Here!

For years I have been obsessed with Bath and Body Works Body Cream. It's the only kind of lotion that can manage my alligator skin. The store has a gigantic sale after Christmas every year and I always stock up on, basically, a years worth of lotion when it is 75% off. I'm cheap like that.

When I first came to Canada I smuggled the stuff into the country. It lasted for about six months and then I ran out. So this summer I went on a mad hunt to find a replacement. I shouldn't have worried because the glorious store has come to Canada!! I was practically giddy when I passed it at the mall this weekend. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. 

Praise the Lord, Canada is coming over to the dark side! Bath and Body Works this year, Target next year. I just might be able to shop again!




2. Tennessee Football

We took yet another beating this weekend but that is okay because the game was on CBS, which meant I was able to watch it. In celebration, I bought beer and chips and dip. Then I forced The Canadian to day drink with me and pretend like he cared about "the football" (as he likes to call it.)

I was feeling so American...




3. My Pinkie

Remember when I sliced my pinkie finger open cutting a bagel? It hurt. Bad. Fortunately my mom was here and happened to have fancy band aides in her purse. It's been almost two weeks and the cut has started to close. However, it looks as it I chopped the top off. Look closely at my right pinkie. It's a nub! Do you think it will round back out? Am I going to look like E.T forever?




4. Words with Friends Personal Word Record

Japed. It's a verb. It means to joke or quip.

Personally, I didn't know that. But I do now because it just scored me 96 points in Words with Friends! BOOM.

Starting strong right out of the gate. Don't put your money on me though. I bet I still lose the game.




5. Starbucks Treat

I know that I often talk about the lack of Starbucks in my life. It's kind of a lie. There is a Starbucks in town, but it's at the mall. And we all know the parking lot at the mall is way too big of a headache to deal with for a coffee. But I was at the mall this weekend so I treated myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I was even kind enough to bring one home to The Canadian. It was his first experience with a Pumpkin Spice Latte and the man chugged it in 10 seconds flat. See, when I get a $5 drink I like to sip it and savor it for a while...but not him.

Anyway, because today is Monday and because I was in a mood and because I had nothing better to do, I went back and got myself a Venti today. 

I'm not ashamed of it either.

No comments:

Post a Comment