Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Playing in a Public Fountain.


This is a nice innocent public fountain. It is two blocks from my house and sits right in the middle of Victoria Park. 

It's a grass type of park, not a playground type of park. There are benches, trees and flowers, and some lovely walking paths through the middle. 

Kids play frisbee, people walk their dogs, and Annie and I illegally jump in the fountain and cause scenes in the middle of the afternoon. 

Pretty typical park, if you ask me.




I've mentioned before this silly little Facebook Challenge that I have been competing in for the past two weeks. It's a series of trivia, puzzles and photo challenges that my good friend Michael Todd organizes every year and then sends out to sixty of our friends.

There are several rounds and with each round, half of the competitors are eliminated. Currently the Dirty Dozen is awaiting our scores to see who moves on to the Sick Six in Round 4.




Last Friday the twelve of us received our photo challenge and questions for Round 3. 

Past photo challenges included performing cartwheels, feeding babies, eating sandwiches and dancing in a public place.




To give you and idea of how ridiculous the trivia questions are, here are a few we had to answer from this round:

  • North, East, South or West?
  • Evens or Odds?
  • When I was a child, I once wandered away from my dad and spent 8 hours lost in the desert. True or False?
  • What was my second official girlfriend's name? Tamara, Angela, Kendra, Sarah, Johnna
  • When I was a kid, I spent hours pacing up and down my street pretending to be a ___? Stunt man, soldier, spy, cowboy, or fireman.


There's more, but it is stressing me out just thinking about it.




Regardless, we are all competitive people and get really, really into this challenge.

Our pride is on the line. More importantly, bragging rights are on the line.

Alliances have been formed, alliances have been broken.

It's intense.




As you may have guessed, this photo challenge was to 'take a photo of yourself playing in what is clearly a public fountain.'




I was terrified the sirens were going to sound and police officers were going to immediately yell for me to put my hands where they could see them.

Fortunately, my friend Annie, who you saw above, is also part of the Dirty Dozen and was willing to go to the park with me and talk to the cops if it got that far.

Several people stopped and stared at us, but thankfully we made it out of there alive. A little wet, but one step closer to surviving the Challenge.

Is it bad that there is a small part of me that hopes for elimination because I'm scared of what the next round could bring? I don't know how much more of this I can take.




1 comment:

  1. HOW FUN! Seriously, this is one of the coolest and most fun things I have heard of in a long, long time!

    ReplyDelete