Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Highlights.

Hooray for three day weekends! And another one coming next weekend? I could get used to this.



On Friday I caught up on life during the afternoon but spent the evening at a Girls Night Out style baby shower. So much fun. Who knew watching gifts being opened could be so much fun with a glass of wine (or two) in everyone's hands. Except the momma-to-be's hands. Obviously.




Saturday morning we ventured out to the market, as usual, but didn't stay long. We're busy people.




I had a date with my computer and spent the day with this as my view. Fun, no?




I did manage to get in a run through the neighborhood as it was getting dark. I'm from a land that actually has a crime rate so I just ran in circles around my house waiting for the darkness to set in. No need to get robbed, I always like to say. Just kidding, there is nothing to be scared of here. Seriously. It's kind of weird how safe it is.




Sunday I did my usual breakfast, grocery shopping and baking routine in the morning. Maple helped.




But this time I stored my goodies in my new TUPPERWARE! That's right. Forget being married and having a mortgage, this officially makes me a grown-up.




I went for another run (I'm on fire!) in the rain. I told myself I was way cooler than everyone who was sitting at home on their comfy sofas. I know its a lie, but I needed a little boost.

And, oh my gosh, is this what I really look like in real life? Oh boy.




TC and I take guesses on the dish his mom is going to serve for Sunday dinner. I guessed it correctly tonight! I feel like I should win an award or something. I suppose that would be a free dinner where I don't have to lift a finger.

Anyway, tonight I brought over my laptop so Grampy (who is 93!) could Skype with his daughter (my MIL's sister - hi Mary!) in Texas. He took that computer from me like it was the most normal thing in the world for him. It was awesome to see his face light up when he could hear and see his daughter. Yay for technology.




Hobie wants to know who's ready for a good week? Because she is beside herself with excitement.




Update: My sister hasn't had power for six days in NYC and just got it back! What a good way to start the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment