Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm So Healthy, I Made Kale Chips.


I've been meaning to tell y'all how healthy I am for over a week now. I mean, if I made kale chips that definitely qualifies for the healthy category, right? Surely it counters all the sins of my peanut butter cookies.




It seems everyone and their brother routinely makes kale chips and I live under a rock, seeing as I wouldn't have known what kale was if it punched me in the face a week ago. But I do now. Don't you worry. Me and kale? We're thick as thieves.

I'd love to regale you with stories of all my healthy eating habits, but the fact of the matter is that it is all I can do to force myself to cook a lean meat and veggie combo every night...and even then I am not always successful.




Blah, blah, blah...all this talk about healthy food is putting me to sleep.




Kale chips. If you haven't tried them, do. They're good. Really. Even if they are "healthy."




Cut up the kale into bite sized pieces.




Toss it in extra virgin olive oil.




Lay it across a cookie sheet in a single layer.




Sprinkle it with a fair dusting of sea salt. Better yet, smoked paprika and rosemary. Go big or go home.




Now pop that bad boy in the over at 350 for 12-15 minutes until nice and crispy. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment