Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies With A Chocolate Spin.


The Canadian and I have a great life. We have wonderful family, great friends, steady income, a cute old house, and plenty of food on the table. We also happen to have these two animals, who are usually a lot of fun to have around. 

Every now and then TC and I head out on a road trip. Most hotels (and our friends) are okay with TC and I showing up on their door step, but they don't usually appreciate our 200 pounds of drooly, smelly canines. Because of that we leave the dogs at home when we travel.

Last time we left the dogs Maple ended up with a tooth shaped hole in her leg. I'm sure she deserved it. 

My point is, we have to beg and plead and be really, really nice to our friends if we're going to convince them to take one of the mutts while we're away. Not everyone wants to put up with Maple's spastic mannerisms or Hobie's drool. It takes a certain someone to love our dogs. 




Usually we have to bribe them with booze. This time I took a different approach. I knew the way to Serge's heart was with sweets. Serge likes to think outside of the box when it comes to baking concoctions (remember his chocolate butterscotch boston creme pie?) and this time was no different. He didn't want just plain peanut butter cookies, he wanted chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. 



It seems like an obvious combination. Yet, I've never tasted one or even heard of it. So, why? Why isn't this a normal cookie combo? There must be a reason. I asked my mom what would happen if I put chocolate chips in peanut butter cookies. She didn't know. 



Suddenly, I had a mystery on my hands. I had to get to the bottom of it. Would they crumble? Would the chocolate not bind? Would a crazy chemical reaction occur and the whole batch would implode? 

I had to find out.



I pulled up a basic peanut butter recipe on the internet and simply added a cup of chocolate chips. It's like I'm Martha Stewart or something.

The cookies were good. Not Earth shattering, but good.



Then I decided to step it up a notch.



Hold on to your hats. It's getting crazy up in here!



Oh, and I took it a step farther. That's right, I went there. I dipped peanut butter cookies in chocolate. 



I'm living on the edge people. I'll never eat a non-dipped peanut butter cookie again.



So go on, bake outside of the box. Put a spin on a staple. 



Do it for the dog.



Side note: I broke the aluminum foil. There's sentence I never thought I would say. I had to get TC to fix it.

We're off to Montreal in the morning! Maybe I'll learn some French while we're there...

No comments:

Post a Comment