Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Seriously, It's Snowing.


It's snowing again. Big white fluffy flurries fell from the sky all afternoon. This evening it stopped and the sun came out. Though tonight, it started again.

It's funny how my mood changes with the weather. Last week was glorious with temperatures in the 80's. I felt like I was on top of the world. The warm sun rays made everything that was already good, that much better. Even looking down the barrel of this week, which promises to be the busiest week of the semester, seemed perfectly manageable. More than manageable really, this week felt like a challenge that needed to conquered. I was feeling mentally tough, in control and ready to take on the world.





It's like the clouds that bring the snow hide not only the sun, but also my motivation. Not my happiness, mind you, just my gusto. The snow makes me want to take a nap, curled up under a soft blanket. But once I find that nice comfy spot on the couch, I get bored. Inevitably, I get up and go back to doing what I should be doing - homework, editing photos, working out, avoiding my laundry and not making dinner.

It all gets done on an overcast snowy afternoon, it just takes a bit more effort. I have to remind myself an extra time or two that venturing outside will not, in fact, kill me.

Believe it or not, I will not melt from the touch of a few snow flakes. Shocking, I know. But it never ceases to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment