Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Too Much Time On My Hands.


It's a little ridiculous the amount of time I wasted tonight by crawling around on the floor, balancing my camera on a pile of cookbooks and playing with every setting my camera has to offer.

I was bound an determined to get a decent photo of Hobie sleeping by the tree. It's not like I had anything better to do. I certainly don't have a final project due on Thursday. And obviously my lunch is packed for tomorrow and my outfit is also nicely ironed and ready to be worn. Right

You'd think I'd at least have the common sense to shut the TV off in the background.




After another dozen shots I realized two things: 

1. I have the laziest dog in the world.

2. I needed to shut the cabinet door.




That's better.




Then I moved in for the opposite angle.

Will someone please turn off my kitchen lights so you can't see the mess in there?




There we go.

Now can someone please brush my dog? 




If you set your shutter speed realllllly slow and then move your camera around in a zig zag motion you'll get really trippy shots. 

I can't imagine why no one wants to hire me as a professional photographer.


Let's try again. Focus, people.




So the magic formula is really low ISO (100) with a wide open apeture (f/16) and a slow as molasses shutter speed (30s).

Now if I could just get the dog to cooperate and clean herself up.




Ahhh, time well spent. 

That's at least an hour of my life I'll never get back.




Just for fun, a little black and white. I figure I've already wasted most of the evening, why not kill a little more time in editing?




I think I'll call this one Antique Hobie By The Christmas Tree. Creative, no?

Someone stop me.

Dear Santa, For Christmas this year I need a life. Thanks.

____________________________________

Workout: Cardio - ran on the TM 30 minutes, Weights - triceps and abs

Get this. As I was leaving the locker room a lady stopped me to tell me what a great runner I am. After I picked myself up off the floor and stopped laughing I asked if she had mistaken me for someone else. She asked where I get all my energy and I promptly told her that I save it all up by laying on the floor taking photos of my dog instead of doing real life activities and that I crank the treadmill up to 7.0 so I have to move quick or risk falling and breaking my neck. Thanks for the undeserved, but appreciated, compliment, lady. You made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment