Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer.


I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but fall is officially here. Goodbye, summer. I will miss you.

The weather is starting to cool and I've even seen the occasional red leaf. I haven't quite brought out the boots yet but my flip-flops have been collecting dust for almost a week. It's such an awkward in between stage for my feet.

The good news is that we can officially embrace fall activities - like all things pumpkin!

I'm back on the coffee wagon. Loud and proud. As in, I like a bit of coffee to go with my cream and sugar. I've been on a hazelnut kick lately but that will change as soon as my coffee brews tomorrow. 

Tomorrow, I drink pumpkin spice coffee. And it's going to be good.

So, I was thinking that I'd tell you how to do it too. That way you can make some and enjoy it this 
weekend. Really, it will be so delicious on a cool morning. Maybe Sunday? Yes, that should work nicely.





You'll need coffee cream, or half and half, to start.





And some pumpkin, of course.





Then you'll want to add some basic spices, maple syrup and vanilla while heating it all up in a saucepan.





Then you're going to strain it.





Then strain it again through mesh or a coffee filter. Trust me on this one.





Rumor is that the strength of the deliciousness will increase as it cools overnight. But I'm here to tell you that it is pretty wonderful straight from the stove too.

Enjoy!





Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer

2 cups Coffee Creamer
3-4 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice OR 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp Allspice, 1/4 tsp Ginger
4 tablespoons Maple Syrup (the real stuff)
1 teaspoon Vanilla

Combine the cream, pumpkin, spices and maple syrup in a sauce pan over medium heat while stirring. When steam begins, remove it from heat and add the vanilla, stir. Strain once to transfer. Strain twice to really clean it up. To make it extra cute, consider transferring into a repurposed Fiji bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment