Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Highlights.

Another great weekend in the books. It was wild. If you consider baking pumpkin bread and watching the Kardashians a wild time.

Stop judging me for watching the Kardashians. Stop it now.




Let's begin with Friday, otherwise known as The Day I Finally Wore Leggings. I'm a new woman. Leggings under a dress is my new uniform.



The past week the weather has been perfect. It's been in the high 70's with beautiful blue skies and a perfect breeze. It's the kind of weather that begs you to be outside. So I obliged and took the dogs for a trot through the park. I'm trying to enjoy the perfection while it lasts. Maybe it can just stay like this forever.




Saturday morning after a quick but intense workout I went on a mission to find a place to watch the Tennessee football game. Here in Canada we get ABC, NBC, CBS, E!, HGTV and all the other normal channels on basic cable, with the exception of ESPN. I can't even begin to tell you how annoying this is during football season.




Why did I think taking the pups to the dog park was a good idea? Maple only wants to chase her stick and Hobie refuses to leave my side. They ignored every dog there like total snobs. Rude.




I made an amazing pumpkin loaf that I found on Pinterest. I have to hide all baked goods in the cabinet while they're cooling to keep greedy canine mouths from taking advantage. Does anyone else have this problem?




My morning ESPN mission was a success and I managed to find a sports bar willing to show the game. I didn't get just one TV, I got every TV in the bar! My friend Annie hung out with me for the game and she even wore orange to support my beloved Vols. Seriously, Canada doesn't know what they're missing. Football is the best part of fall weekends. Even if your team kinda sucks.




I spent most of today recovering and taking life easy. I had a delicious dinner with my in-laws tonight. Neither TC or his sister were around this week for Sunday dinner, but I went anyway because you have to be a fool to pass up my MIL's cooking and my FIL's homemade wine.

On the way home I stopped for groceries and was so blown away by the sky that I stood in the middle of the parking lot like an idiot. Then someone kindly honked at me to move.

How was your weekend??? Did your football team win? 


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't imagine living in a place where ESPN wasn't on the basic cable list...it's just not right.

    Auburn, won, but just barely!

    ReplyDelete