Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

I Heart Tacky Christmas Lights

I love people that decorate their house with Christmas lights, especially colored lights. White is all nice and elegant but color lights are fun and tacky...the way Christmas lights are meant to be. The Canadian and I don't have any lights on our house. No good reason, we just didn't put any up. Driving around town, I feel like the majority of houses don't have lights. It's a sad state of affairs. 

When I was little every single house had lights, wreaths and tacky figurines. It was glorious. We even had a specified night in our neighborhood when everyone lined their lawn with luminaries - streets and streets of bright luminaries. I miss those days.




But there are still plenty of people willing to shine their holiday cheer. I dragged The Canadian out of the house tonight to drive me across town to the greatest house of them all.




This guy knows what he's doing.




This ain't his first rodeo.




A path of hay led around all the scenes. First up were the Chipmunks. They were singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas.





The nativity scene was off in the corner playing O Holy Night.



There were carolers singing Here Comes Santa Claus.





Barney was just randomly chillin'.




Figurines were climbing every window with decorations.




A boy was loading a tree into really cool antique wagon.




 Santa's workshop was in full swing with elves making toys.




There were presents and Christmas trees everywhere.




The soldiers lined both sides of the driveway. They even had windup keys!




And right next to the pond was Santa and his reindeer getting ready to take off.




All of this was made possible by this contraption. It was The Canadian's favorite part.

(Note: When we left for this little field trip I had just gotten out of the shower and didn't bother drying my hair, I just threw on a beanie hat (translation: touk). By the time I made it back to the car after taking photos my hair was literally frozen. I could have snapped it in half.) (Please don't tell my mother I was out in public with wet hair. It was dark, no one could tell.)




No neighbors (translation: neighbours) within six houses had a single light, but props to the further away houses that gave it a shot.




It doesn't quite compare. You just can't compete.




'A' for effort.




I forgot about Minnie Mouse. She says Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment