Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My New Favorite Game



We celebrated Christmas with The Canadian's family this past weekend since we won't be here for the actual holiday (watch out Atlanta, here we come!). We both received great gifts...but one in particular stole the show. Let me ask you, when was the last time you got a toy for Christmas? I'm talking the kind you can play with for the rest of the afternoon and can't wait to show off to your friends. It's been awhile, right?



Let me introduce you to your new favorite toy - ColorKu.


You've played, or at least heard of, Sudoku...this is the colored wood version. No numbers, just colors.




Hours of endless entertainment.




The same rules apply. Each color can only be used once in every row and once in every square.




Instead of the 'fixed' numbers written in the boxes, you choose a card that shows where to place the fixed colors.




The set comes with just over 100 puzzles, ranging from easy to extreme.




I chose the easy route. It may be several years before I reach moderate.

The best part is there are no nasty erase marks. You just pick up the ball and start over.




When you finally, three cups of coffee (or wine) later, solve the board you'll feel like you've just climbed Everest. The feeling can only be described as pure joy. Or relief. Whichever.




I lied before, the best part is actually not playing the game at all but just arranging and rearranging all the pretty colors in fun patterns. It's my ADD and OCD. It makes fidgit and organize.

I can't help it.




PS - They give you the answers too - NO CHEATING!

No comments:

Post a Comment