Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Feelin' Good.


1. Heaven help me, it is warm outside! Temperatures in the '80s. I don't even know what to do with myself. I love this weather. Everything is better.

I'm still riding the high from running this past weekend and I feel like I am top of the world. The grass is greener, the sun is brighter, my clothes are cuter and my dog is smarter.




2. I went buck wild today and bought myself a new workout shirt. Like a real workout shirt. It is the exact opposite of the Hanes men's cotton wife-beater undershirts from WalMart that I have been rocking the past four years. Like I said, I'm nothing if not classy.

You bet your ass I'll be wearing it at the half-marathon in another five weeks.





3. Lately, I've been reading about the social pressure that stems from Facebook. I get it. People post all the great things that happen in their lives - vacations, weddings, parties, baby bumps, perfectly decorated houses, skinny bodies, a bouquet of roses from their man and any other awesome accomplishment. It's easy to look at your News Feed and think that everyone has the most perfect life.

I see what they're getting at when they talk about social pressure. But what I also see is the support and love that comes from Facebook. Sounds cheesy, I know.

Get this, right after the race on Saturday I posted a photo with the caption "Just finished my first 10k!" Within minutes of posting I had two congratulatory comments on my post. It was from my girls Sally and Jessica and it made me feel like a million bucks. As the day went on, my phone just kept dinging with new 'likes' and supportive comments. You would have thought I'd just won the Boston Marathon.

I love that about Facebook. It's so great to feel supported. One of the best parts is seeing the names of the people that have taken the half a second of their time to click 'like' or make a comment - a lot of the people I haven't seen in years. Every single one of these people I have wonderful memories of, but I would have assumed they had completely forgotten about my existence. It's pretty cool that they still remember me too. And of course, all the people that I'm in regular contact with are equally great to hear from as well.

Makes a girl feel good.


_____________________________________

Workout: Cardio - easy 2 mile run (per training plan); Class - BodyFlow (pilates/tai-chi/yoga)

No comments:

Post a Comment