Sunday, April 29, 2012
1. I noticed today that the trees are starting to come back to life. Buds! Those are buds! That means that beautiful green leaves are on their way. I'm not surprised the baby leaves are still hiding...I mean, we did have a few snow flurries on Saturday....and again right now...oye.
2. I ran my first 15k race this weekend. For all you mathematicians out there, that is 9.3 miles. I'm pretty sure my leg is broken and my hamstrings are torn, but it was awesome! I'll give you the full report tomorrow.
3. We spent Saturday evening hanging out around the fire pit at our friend's house and I consumed mass quantities of some much-deserved wine to help the Birthday Girl celebrate. Why, why didn't I take photos???
4. Another week of school and homework is done. One more week to go and spring semester will cease to exist. Hallelujah!
5. Next weekend I'm introducing my Canadian friends to the American tradition of Cinco de Mayo. Except, we're celebrating on Friday so I've renamed it Cuatro de Mayo. Clever, no?
I contemplated the menu today and it is a work in progress: margaritas, sangria, cheese dip, guacamole, salsa, taco dip, sombrero shaped cookies, Mexican flag cupcakes. Plus sombreros and mustaches for everyone. Any other simple suggestions?
How was your weekend?
Friday Workout: rest day
Satruday Workout: 9.3 mile run, per training plan
Sunday Workout: Nothing, I ran out of time and energy