Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Questions Answered.


1. I unexpectedly had a day off work today. It was glorious. I took three naps. The only remotely productive thing I did all morning was make a smoothie. I haven't made a smoothie in years and it was just as delicious as I remembered.




Note to self: Don't stick a wooden spoon in the mixer when trying to manipulate the banana. When metal blades and cheap wood get in a fight it doesn't turn out well.




However, assuming you did have a small wooden spoon incident, would you throw the smoothie away or go ahead and drink the splinters?

For the record, I only had to spit out two splinters of spoon.




2. This is the teck t-shirt I got at the race last weekend. A running eyeball, heart and lung (?). 

First of all, where are their arms? It must be hard to keep their balance. 

Second of all, which is your favorite? 

I vote for the eyeball.





3. I happy to announce that we have still managed to avoid any trips to the ER and the vet. So far, so good. 

Does your husband act his age? 

Does your husband have any regular hobbies that make you legitimately worry about his safety and say a quick prayer every time you hear sirens (which is often because you live a block from the hospital)?



4. I was out running this evening and as I rounded the turn that would be the final stretch, I gave myself a little pep talk. I'm doing this. I feel good. My legs are strong. I'm almost there. It's all downhill. 



At that very moment I saw a bill board across the street. It said 'If you're too busy to run, you're too busy.' It was an add for the BlueNose Race that I'm planning on running next month. It was just what I needed to hear. 

Does that ever happen to you? I love getting a sign at just the right time.


____________________________________

Workout: Cardio - 5 mile run, per training plan; Class - BodyFlow, 60 minutes (pilates/tai-chi/yoga)


1 comment:

  1. The berries look delicious.. but where are the greens? Green smoothie.. it's a must try :)

    ReplyDelete