Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

I.G.B.A.P.E.I.T.B Cookies.


I live with a cookie monster. Actually, it doesn't have to be cookies. Any sweet will do. Ice cream, pudding, pie, cupcakes, chocolate, cheesecake, apple crisp...and of course, cookies. 




Really, the man will eat anything. And you know what the best part is? He loves everything I make. 




Seriously, every baked good that comes out of my kitchen is proclaimed as the best thing I've ever made. 

Everyone should have a husband and taste-tester like him.




This past weekend was rainy and gross. I hadn't been to the gym in a day or two so I figured if I was being lazy than I might as well make cookies while I was at it. I don't like to do anything half ass.

How ya like that logic? 




My mom has an amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe that would probably be award winning if she ever entered a cookie contest. But she hasn't, so it's not. But it should be.




Anyway, the cookie dough is amazing but I'm starting to think that chocolate chips alone are a little boring. 

You know what's not boring?  Adding white chocolate, toffee bits, sprinkles, pretzels and reese's to the mix. 




You know what's even more exciting? Adding Nutella to the middle as a secret discovery.




You're welcome.





I.G.B.A.P.E.I.T.B. (i got bored and put everything in the bowl) Cookies

3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cake flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3 sticks of butter, softened
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup reese's pieces
1/2 cup mini white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits (skor or heath bar)
1/2 cup pretzel sticks, broken up
2 tablespoons jimmie sprinkles
Nutella

Preheat oven to 375.
With an electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars.
Add in the eggs.
Gradually add in flour, cake flour, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla.
Mix until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
By hand, stir in the candies and chips.
Roll dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls. Flatten the dough and place a dollop of Nutella in the center. Turn the edges in to cover the Nutella. Gently press down on the cookie.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment