Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Why Is There A Chair On The Porch?


Here's the thing. I'm busy.

I kind of, sometimes, sorta feel bad for saying that. All my friends with kids are seriously crazy busy. Like, to a point that I really don't know how they do it. So in that respect it seems a little ridiculous for me to think I'm busy. But I am. Yes, it is all self-inflicted busyness. I know that. Keeping busy is good for my sanity. Trust me when I tell you that it is better for all parties involved that I am kept busy.




So today I had plenty on my list. I'm taking several courses with never ending amounts of reading and essay. I needed to make a run to the grocery store. I had 3 miles to run. The floors needed vacuuming. I need to get my oil changed. There are paint swatches all over the living room wall. My laundry is piled on top of the dryer. Someone has to call my sister to make sure she's alive and entertained. The dogs needed playtime. And most importantly, I needed a cup of coffee. After a full day that was extremely exhausting and only six hours of sleep a night, a girl needs an afternoon pick-me-up.




I sat down with said cup of delicious hazelnut coffee at my desk. I even put on my reading glasses to help me feel smart and motivated. I was all ready to buckle down and crank out several chapters of reading on autism. But then I noticed my cameras sitting right there. Right next to me, just callin' my name.




I glanced out the window to check the light. The sun was setting and the big tree in the backyard was glowing. It is a huge and gorgeous tree. There is still a good bit of green, but most of the leaves are yellow now. But the random red leaves, whoa. I don't even think they can be called red. I would call them pink. Or maybe magenta. But not red. 




And that, my friends is how a chair ended up on my porch. I simply needed something to stand on. Plus, I needed something to keep me busy.




In other news, it is almost the weekend. Praise the good Lord.

Even more exciting, its a three day weekend because it is Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday!

If you need me, I'll be stuffing my face with turkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment