Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Biggest Icicle.

I've seen some big icicles lately. 


The icicles hanging from my neighbors house were impressive. But the longest one is only about four feet.




The icicles lining the highway went on forever. Like, for miles.




But this - this is a whole new level. The Canadian and I spotted this monstrosity down the street tonight.




It must be at least 12 feet long. I asked The Canadian what he thought, but he doesn't speak in feet so he wasn't much help. He mumbled something about meters...I don't really know.

I would have gotten closer for a better photo, but you can see that their light is on and I didn't particularily feel like explaining why I was out in their yard, in -14C weather, and taking photos of their gutter. Besides, I thought I heard a dog barking in the yard. And let's be honest, I didn't want to be that creepy neighbor (Canadian translation: neighbour).


Note: Please let the record show that spell check underlines 'neighbour' but not 'neighbor.'

No comments:

Post a Comment