Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweet Bedroom Suite.


Dun, dun, duuuunnn...It's here!




Hobie's excited. Calm down, Hobes. Jeez.




Drum roll....




Ahhhhhh! 




I am officially in love with the gorgeous roping detail on every piece.




It looks like pillars. Hmm, I have a similar photo of the Lincoln Memorial. 




And it has fun feet. On second thought, I'm going to have to vacuum under there. Maybe they're not so fun.




The foot board is a beautiful scroll. Makes me want to write an epic poem.




The headboard is perfect. Just the right height.




It is exactly how I envisioned my bed. Comfy, calming,  cloud-like, perfect. 




Hello, nightstand. I've missed you. So has my phone. And my flashlight. The floor is going to be jealous.




 There are some tall, colorful lamps just begging to sit on this.




Oh, big beautiful dresser - you are all for me. 

It didn't make it into the bedroom. It's going to live in the other bedroom - aka my closet. Yes, I'm serious. I told you it's an old house and old houses = small closets.




Just imagine the jewelry this can hold. Diamonds, pearls, maybe some sapphires...I can dream, right?



 

The Canadian gets a velvet drawer too. Ya know, for all his diamond cuff links. Because he's a P.I.M.P. (Quick, name the song!)




He even gets to lock his diamond cuff links with a real skeleton key. I want a skeleton key! Why didn't I get a skeleton key?




Dovetails for everyone! Or cocktails. Maybe both. On the house. Drinks all around, bartender!




Man, oh, man the drawers slide like a dream.




I love it when there are numbers on my drawers. Makes me feel authentic.




But this. This needs to go away. Hello? Chandelier? Are you out there? Can you hear me?




Hello, 1980's radio clock. I know you've been The Canadian's clock forever, but it's time for you to buy a one way ticket to the basement. Your cracks just aren't workin' for me. I'm sure you understand.


So, to recap today's events:

1. The wall color is perfect! I couldn't be happier. The contrast with the furniture is just right.

2. Hobie got excited when the delivery men walked in and peed on their feet. It's like she reverted to puppyhood. It's was embarrassing.

3. The delivery men had to shovel the stairs. Apparently my shoveling skills aren't up to par.

4. If anyone wants to help me decorate, feel free to come on up and give a girl a hand. By all means.

5. I love my new bedroom - it makes me feel grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment