Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thanks, Atlanta. Thanks.


We have reached a new level of winter. Atlanta, I would like to thank you for sending this weather in my direction. Thanks a lot.

I am currently living through the biggest snow storm I have ever seen. According to The Canadian, the weather we're getting right now is a 'snow storm.' This lies somewhere between 'snowing' and 'blizzard'. Whatever. I don't really care what its called. I call it stay-in-the-house-and-build-a-fire-and-make-hot-chocolate-with-Baileys-and-never-leave-snow. The Canadian calls it lets-go-outside-to-play-and-go-skiing-snow. I call him crazy. He calls me a weenie. That's fine. Sticks and stones...

There is a lot of snow coming down. When I took the monsters outside earlier it was like a torrential down pour of rain. Except it was frozen. You know when it rains really hard with heavy wind and the rain blows everywhere? That's what it is like outside. The snow is blowing left, right, up, diagonal and in circles. I swear not a single flake is moving in a downward motion. But it must be because there is at least an extra 5 inches (Canadian: 10 centimeters) on the ground already. That is, on top of the 12 inches of snow that was already there. The kicker is that the snow isn't going to melt for another three months. It's just going to keep piling up...and up...and piling up some more...until April. Dear Lord, there are not going to be enough shovels in the world to dig me out of my igloo. Sigh.

So, if you need me I'll be sitting here dreaming about my summer job and warm weather.




This is where I spend my summers. I can almost feel the hot sunshine. See that sail? I picked it out. I call that boat 'Tequila Sunrise." We have a whole fleet of these boats so a unique sail and name is imperative. I'm pretty much a genius when it comes to picking out sails and naming them.




Nice, right? Yup, filling the canoe with flowers was my idea. I'm kind of, sort of, in charge of all the boats on our lake. I figured the best way to keep the boats safe was to just put them on land. That's why they pay me the big bucks. 




Oh, sweet glorious summers on the lake. I can't wait for you to get here.

Right now that beautiful lake is frozen solid and the ice fisherman are catching all the scary fish for me (so they can't bite my bum). Maybe if I start shoveling right now, and work really hard, I can dig myself out by the time the lake thaws. Come to think of it, that may be a better plan than just sitting around here and day dreaming.

See, it's all about choosing your attitude, folks.

If you need me, I'll be out shoveling. Pray for me and my southern ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment