Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bath Time.


Hobie hates getting a bath. I mean haaates it. I can tell by the look in her eyes. I'm fluent in Newfoundland expressions, ya know.




Most people wouldn't be able to tell, because she just stands there and takes it. She ignores the hose and let's her mind wander to a happier time when she was chasing baby squirrels.




But I know. She doesn't appreciate it at all. And for the record, neither does our water bill. It takes at least 8,000,547 gallons of water to soak her.




And then approximately 7,564,000 million of those gallons end up on The Canadian when she shakes. 




Can you see the shame in her eyes? She's embarrassed by how bad she smells.




I'm sorry little girl, but it's got to happen. I just cannot stand to be near you for one more second. You'll thank me later. Especially when I go back to petting you and rubbing your newly clean ears.




The worst part is her hair. She knows it too. It's crimped, it's spiked...it's so embarrassing.

  Hey Hobie, 1984 called. They want their hair styles back.




But when it is all over she feels like a young pup again. She gets a bounce in her step and even runs up the stairs. Plus she gets a well deserved treat and that makes everything better for a second.




Until she gets left on the deck to dry. She doesn't really love that part either.

I'd love to show you an "after" photo when she's all dry and fluffy but it will be next week before that happens. Girlfriend takes for-ev-ah to dry. You can't rush beauty, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment