Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sailing. A Poem.

We went sailing on Out of the Blue last week and I somehow managed to forget to tell y'all about it. There was no race, we were just out for some good times. And good times we had. So good, in fact, that I thought it was worthy of a poem rhyme. Please enjoy my second grade writing level.




Hello there, my good friend Out of the Blue.




Ahoy, other boats. How do you do?




Blow the horn to announce the waters we will sail through.




I'm sorry, I did not understand. You want me to work too?!




Carla is growing a baby, a few months 'til it's due. 




Watch out for the lobster! Dead we will be if we hit but a few.




It's my turn to drive and I don't have a clue.




John takes over. We are faster than a canoe!




The Canadian takes the rudder and we go a little askew.




The sun, it sets and there are drinks for the crew.




The green is so bright it almost looks like mildew.




We sailed back safely and my life I now value.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment