Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3 Months to 30.


Today is March 1. Thus beginning the three month countdown until my 30th birthday.

I don't know if you've turned 30 or not, but this is going to be a monumental occasion. I had a rough time with my 25th birthday so I'm not really looking forward to turning 30. It's an awfully big number. I honestly do not know where the time has gone. I swear I was graduating from high school last week. High school was great - so much freedom partnered with so little responsibility. It was a glorious time. It was also a time of supreme (I use that word very loosely) athleticism on my part. I worked out every day with the football team (that's right, I dropped out of chorus) and had teenage metabolism on my side. Those were the glory days. The days in which I weighed a nice healthy, strong weight and didn't worry too much about anything. My idea of losing 5 pounds was skipping my daily Coca~Cola at lunch. Not these days though. Life is not that simple anymore, especially when it comes to metabolism. I just don't get it. Six years ago I gained some weight and porked up to a whopping size 8. I spent several months busting my arse at the gym and the weight came off, bringing me back down to a record (and probably too skinny) size 2. I eventually put a few pounds back on and rose to a healthy size 4. This is what I consider my happy weight. That was five years ago. Since then I have steadily gained another 10 pounds while I figured out that whole thing called a career. Then I got married. Suddenly NONE of my clothes fit anymore. It's been a year and another 12 pounds have found their way onto my body and yet I still have not bought any new clothes to accomodate this gain. Why? Because that would be admitting defeat. And, in case you didn't know, I'm a badass. I refuse to lose this battle. I have beat it before and I can beat it again. Under no circumstances am I meant to wear a size 8 (not that there is anything wrong with you beautiful women out there that rock out in an 8, 10, 16, or 20 and look damn good doing it!). It is not really a matter of size or pounds either, it is more about finding the place in which I feel good about myself. I won the Presidents Physical Fitness Award in 4th grade  and have logged enough hours at the gym and in nutrition classes to know how to reach and maintain a healthy weight. Like I said, I've done it before and I will do it again. I know how to, it's just a matter of execution.




I'm not saying all of this as a complaint. It's merely what's on my mind and this blog is nothing if it isn't whatever the heck happens to be on my mind at any given moment. Not to worry, I'm not turning into some health freak and this blog won't be turning into some healthy living nonsense. Not that I don't believe in healthy living, I just think its boring to blog about. I like to read about it, I just don't want to blog about it. I find exploding cheesecakes and giant cupcakes to be much more entertaining. However, in an effort to hold myself accountable I will be writing a discreet line at the bottom of each entry stating my daily exercise. It's not meant for you to read, or care about, it's merely meant to embarrass me if I have nothing to write. Also, and I know this is pushing it, I am going to include a weekly weight loss total every Tuesday. Again, solely for the purpose of accountability. Please feel free to ignore the entire last line of every post from here on out. I would feel worse about burdening y'all but only about four people read this blog anyway so I don't feel too bad.




I recently read somewhere a motto that I liked: Goal Big. Get it? Instead of Go Big the motto is Goal Big. I like it. Why not, really? Might as well. That being said, my goal is to lose 21 pounds by June 1, 2011. I think this is reasonable. All I really want is to get back to feeling good about myself and comfortable in my own skin. I am OVER feeling like a cross between a sausage and a marshmallow. I want to wear my favorite jeans again. I want to feel confident in a sleeveless shirt. I miss my comfy shirts that are meant to be loose but are currently snug. I just want to feel good. I don't think that is too much to ask. And what better 30th birthday present to give myself. It's free and generous. The perfect gift.



That is all. You won't hear me rant about my weight or weight loss plan again. It won't be more than the expected smart-arse comment when I bake a giant cupcake. I promise.

On that note, let's begin:


Cardio - 50min; Weights - Tri's, Back, Abs; Pounds lost - 0

Did your eyes bleed? Did my report send you into convulsions? Are you having symptoms of a stroke? If so, call 911. If not, then you have survived my exercise update. Congratulations. I told you it wouldn't be too bad. Really, just ignore it. Pretend it is not even there. But if it isn't there please be sure to leave me a comment reminding me to stop being lazy. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment