Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Spring is in the Air.

Woot! Woot!  I saw some exciting sights today. It seems that after three loooong months of winter there is some hope that spring may be coming around the corner. Of course, this is Canada and I've been told that spring doesn't really exist here. But whatever, it was way above freezing this afternoon which might as well be spring in my book these days. I almost felt naked wearing just a fleece and no parka...almost.

And this weather is just in time for Spring Break - which is called March Break up in these parts for obvious reasons.

Anywhoo, check out the signs of spring I saw today when The Canadian and I took the pups to the park.




As we left, we noticed that the massive brick of ice we call a roof is starting to melt. This is a good and bad thing as it's relieving the enormous weight but it also creates major potential for leaking and water damage inside the house. We'll have to wait and see... On a side note, if you look closely you'll see a hole next to my finger that may or may not be from The Canadian chipping away at the ice with a screw driver. (Note: my hand is there not only to look creepy but also to serve as a point of reference)




It was a scorching 10C (51F) today so the monster celebrated with a little fresh air blowing in her face, ears flopping in the wind, sniffin' out all the delicious scents. She's missed her window, I think.




And look at this spring time miracle - flowing water (read: the OPPOSITE of frozen). Hallelujah!




This has nothing to do with spring. In fact, it's actually the opposite of what I'm trying to show you. But you can see where the trail is starting to show some dirt, which is always exciting. Unless you own a black and white Newfie that collects dirt on her belly like its her job. Then it's not so exciting.




Thin ice? Shoot, might as well be time to break out the bikini and flip-flops.




And look at this! The ice covered sidewalk is starting to melt and make a mini river. If that isn't a sign of spring that I don't know what is.




I haven't seen an avian creature in so long that I almost forgot what they look like. If ducks are wrong, then I don't want to be right.




Ummm, excuse me, Maple? Those are ducks. You are genetically programmed to chase them. Why are you running the opposite direction?! Geez, some retriever you are.



Workout: Cardio - 60 min, Weights - Biceps, Shoulders (My neck has been sore all day so when I went to do abs I very quickly realized why...I'll try again tomorrow)



No comments:

Post a Comment