Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Discoveries: Face Plant Pillow Cases

I love pretty things. Fancy things. Affordable things. Cute things and anything a little bit different.

The problem is that I'm not always great at finding these type of treasures so when someone gives me something or introduces me to something that fits the above criteria I feel the need to share it with everyone. This is simply because I love it so much that I think everyone else in the universe will love it too.

More than receiving great items, I really love giving them to friends and family. There is nothing better than bringing the best gift. I love knowing that someone might treasure that gift just as much as I would.

I know I randomly show y'all fun little things I've discovered so I'm going to start calling all these little features Discoveries. They're not meant to be reviews and I absolutely have had no contact with the makers of these little charms. It's just simply something I happen to really like that I feel most people wouldn't stumble upon without a little help.





These pillow cases are a great example. My mom gave me a set for Christmas. Perfectly written on them is P.S I love you. What a nice little good night note, don't you think?

At first I thought they were just pillow cases, but once I put them on our bed they were so beautiful that I now place them in front as shams. Although, they could probably use an ironing. Details, details...




A small company called Face Plant Dreams makes them. Don't you love the name? It's exactly how I get into bed every night. Tiiiiiiiiiimber. Crash. Total face plant.

She's got lots of different designs and expressions too. My sister's pillow cases say Sleeps With Dogs, which I think is absolutely hysterical and oh so true.





I would like to point out that my bed is never ever made properly and is usually just a ginormous mess of sheets and blankets. I'm doing well to wash the sheets every weekend and get them back on the bed before night time. Nothing worse that going to bed and realizing your favorite sheets are in the dryer.

On the other hand, there is nothing better than climbing into a glorious freshly made bed with clean sheets. Pure heaven, I tell ya. As soon as I win the lottery I'm hiring a professional sheet washer and bed maker to make my bed everyday while I'm out lunching with the ladies and going to the spa.





I would also like to point out that Face Plant makes these adorable pillow cases through a fair trade environment. They're 100% cotton, super soft, 300 thread count and come wrapped in a gorgeous white bag.

Obviously, it would be the perfect engagement gift, wedding gift, birthday present or you-are-awesome present.





Check out their website and be inspired by the owner - a single mom and anti-Corporate America woman who believes in having sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment