Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

How To Fill A Triple Crockpot.



I'm pretty sure the Super Bowl is right around the corner. Something about the Giants and Patriots? I think that's what Facebook told me.

My Christmas present from my sister finally arrived in the mail this weekend and it's amazing! My sister promised it was something that "I needed, I just didn't know it." My first worry was that it was a new purse or a new pair of boots because she had deemed mine to be embarrassing. Then she explained that my boots and purse were fashionably acceptable and it was something that I needed for parties.

I racked my brain but couldn't come up with anything I could possibly need. I mean, I have a pretty amazing set-up from amazing wedding gifts, if I do say so myself.





But she was right. I totally need a triple crock pot. Like totally.





Perfect for parties. Artichoke dip in one. Buffalo chicken dip in another. And sausage cheese dip in the third.





Freaking genius, I tell ya.



In honor of the Super Bowl I wanted to remind y'all of a classic dip recipe that you can never go wrong with.



It's unheard of here in Canada because the Grocery Gods forgot to bless this country with Rotel.

Fortunately I had the good sense to pick up six cans of the stuff in Maine and smuggle it in the country.



The other challenge is the lack of Jimmy Dean products here in the tundra. How people survive without spicy sausage crumbles I will never know. I didn't import them but after major searching I finally found a local brand that seems to suit my purposes.




 So this year, forget the fancy appetizers. Whip up a batch of cheese dip and drink a beer while you're at it. Remember, once you put it out, run! Get out of the way of the stampede.


Here it is:

Connie's Yummy Sausage and Cheese Dip

Brown 1lb of spicy sausage and 1lb of ground beef together. 
While the meat is cooking, melt 1lb Velveeta chesse and 1 can Rotel in a sauce pan or crockpot.
When the meat is done, combine with the cheese/tomato mix.
Heat and stir until smooth.
Serve warm with Scoops corn chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment