Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Challenge. And the Cartwheel.


I have this friend, his name is Michael Todd. Or Mikey T. Or any other combination...but never just Michael. If you asked me where Michael is I wouldn't know. It's Michael Todd. One word.

Anyway, he's one of those people that is never bored. He is always inventing games and coming up with ways to entertain himself and anyone else in his vicinity. Whether its throwing pebbles and trying to get them to land directly on some bystanders shoe lace, or thinking of a random letter and having you guess it or seeing who can do the longest hand man stand. Have you ever seen the show Minute to Win It? I'm pretty sure he invented all of the games. And these aren't just games for fun -- there is usually money on the line, or other ridiculous things like wearing a banana (not the 80's clip, the fruit) in your ponytail for an afternoon.




Last year he held the First Annual Mikey T. Challenge. It was a trivia challenge he invented that he sent to 50 friends (we all work together in the summers) through Facebook messages. Long story short, there were multiple rounds of trivia questions ranging from general questions to questions about his own personal history. Oh, and did I mention that there are time limits? And did I mention that there are strict rules? For example, messages were required to either begin or end with an 11 word sentence explaining how awesome Michael Todd is. Some rounds required a 17 word anecdote. You get the idea. I survived the first several rounds but came up short in the end. It was intense and his own sister ended up taking home the $50 cash prize. Whatever.





Today began the 2nd Annual Mikey T. Challenge and the competition is stiff. There are 45 of us competing. We have been broken into groups of 9 with each group being sent different sets of questions and challenges. The top people from each group will move onto the next round later in the week.

I spent a good chunk of my afternoon researching the questions and preparing my answers. Most of the work was done on Google, some of it was done in my imagination and one part was done in PUBLIC.

That's right. We were required to take a photo of ourself doing a cartwheel in an obviously public place. What?!





So, here I am...





Almost 30 years old...





Doing cartwheels...





In front of the grocery store...





In the rain...





And then later in the gym...





In front of a body pump class...





Because the girl who works the desk was nice enough to take pity on me and suppress her laughter while she took my photo.

It's a good thing I'm not competitive.

________________________________________

Workout: Cardio - 50 minutes, Weights - triceps, chest, legs, abs

No comments:

Post a Comment