Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm Outta Here.


Now that the weather is finally acting like summer is approaching, I'm leaving town. That's right. Tomorrow I'm heading to Maine for the summer. You see, The Canadian and I spend our summers working at a camp in southern Maine. It's the perfect way to spend your summer, especially when you work for the school system. 




It's where we met during the summer of 2005. The Canadian was my boss at the time. I was the in charge of the water ski program and he was in charge of all the water activities (sailing, skiing, canoeing, kayaking, and swimming). I'm not sure if it is to his advantage or not, but now we're co-bosses. They didn't make me his partner in crime because we got married, more so because he was sick of me bossing him around unofficially. So now it's official.




Our camp is a beautiful. It is spread across of 150 acres of lake front property and is perfectly maintained. And I mean perfectly. Just try and find a piece of trash on the ground. See how well that goes.




We're not counselors, and haven't been for many years, so these days we live in our own little cabin that sits right on the lake. Nice, right? They even let us bring our pups. Hobie and Maple love it since they get to start every morning with a swim in the lake, whether I like it or not. 




Like I said, TC and I are in charge of the water activities. The Canadian's heart belongs to sailing. We have 16 boats and around 40 kids sailing at a time, 6 times a day. Yeah, it keeps him busy.




I, on the other hand, love waterskiing and wakeboarding. It's always an awesome staff of counselors that know how to have a good time. Plus, I grew up skiing with my family, skied all through college and spent my college summers as a water ski instructor. It's in my blood.




We spend our days teaching kids how to ski, slalom, wakeboard, wake surf and kneeboard. We also throw in a bit of tubing and sand castle building to keep things interesting.




Not to mention, we get to spend our days driving some serious boats. We're getting new MasterCrafts this year and I can't wait to see them. Ya know why? Because I got to pick out the color scheme. That's right. I'm important like that.




Aside form the waterfront, camp is a pretty normal place. For example, we dress up in blue and green and have major color wars. Because 400 people dressed in green and blue while competing to see who can fill a bucket of water the fastest is normal -- We call this Bucket Brigade. 




We do lots of other normal things for color wars too. Like filling giant tubs with blue and green jello to roll around in. Of course, you only roll in the jello after you've had your turn rolling around in ice. That way the jello sticks even better. 





My point is that I'm leaving tomorrow. Camp is a busy place where we work 15 hour days at the very least. That leaves little time for blogging. Oh, I'm sure I'll manage to get in a quick update here and there but there won't be any rhyme or reason to my timing. So please, don't give up on me. Keep checking back. I'll do my best to keep you abreast of the chaos. At the very least I'll be back in late August. Don't hate. I can't help it. It's just that camp is one of my favorite places on Earth. For pete's sake, it is where I met The Canadian. I'll take plenty of photos and collect plenty of fun stories from camp and from our other adventures around New England. Just stick with me.

So while I'm excited to go to camp, I will be missing TC for the next month until he joins me in Maine. (I won't be missing the construction in my house). But let's not lose focus here. The really important thing is that I AM GOING BACK TO MY COUNTRY tomorrow. USA, here I come!




And for those of you that care, today they tore apart our bathroom.




When they were tearing down the ceiling a few things fell from above the sheet rock. Normal things, like a log and a set of blinds. Seriously, how did a log and blinds get in my ceiling??

Gee, I'm so bummed I'll be missing out on the rest of the construction fun.

Til next time!

___________________________________

Workout: Cardio - 45 minutes, Weights - triceps, back, legs, abs (good thing today was an intense work out because it's going to be my last for a while. wish my thighs luck.)

No comments:

Post a Comment