Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Canadian's Many Talents.


Suffice it to say that this past long weekend The Canadian and I decided we needed to get out and do something. After briefly considering an overnight road trip we decided that the more practical idea would be to spend Saturday finding a little adventure just on the outskirts of town. Our town sits right along the water and if you drive far enough out to town you'll stumble upon all sorts of fun places, including Fundy National Park. So, that was our destination. 

It took us forever to get out there because we made several stops along the way. You'll hear about those tomorrow. Once we finally reached Fundy it was around 2:00 in the afternoon. Unfazed, we drove to a  spot where we thought we would be able to see some waterfalls. As it turned out it was about a 20 minute walk just to get to the trail head. By that time it was almost 2:30 and starting out on a four hour hike didn't seem feasible, seeing as it now starts getting dark around 4:30. Shout out to day light savings time. Not.

So we headed back down the road we had just walked. We weren't all that disappointed as our short little walk along the forest road was actually quite nice. There were creeks for Maple to jump in and puddles for Hobie to tromp through.




I always know when the Canadian is enjoying himself because he does this. The heel kick. One of his many talents.

I got it on camera but I really wanted him to do it again so I could try and get the whole progression of his favorite stunt.




So he takes off...




Gets it, but I don't get the shot...




Ummm...I'm pretty sure he could join the cheerleading squad with that move.




Attempt #2....




Gets it again!...and I miss it again...




Oh! Almost wipes out....




We do this about five more times and I keep missing the shot. Meanwhile, I keep yelling, "Do it again! Just one more time. I'll get it, I promise!" Hence him finally throwing rocks at me.




Finally, as we are about to reach the car and end our little jaunt through the woods down the dirt road he decides to give it one more whirl in hopes that his poor, sad wife will be able to freeze the moment in time.




Click! 

Got it. 

Well, close enough.




And...Scene!


_____________________________________

Today I'm thankful for...The Canadian.

_____________________________________

Workout: Body Flow. Love that class!

No comments:

Post a Comment