Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Digital Photos Don't Deserve to Die.




We all know that I take no less than eight zillion photos a week. It's a problem. One of these days my computer is going to have a meltdown.

I take all of these photos and then I delete most of them. With what is left, some go on the blog. The rest sit and rot away on my hard drive. They get sad and depressed and eventually start to shrivel up and die a slow death. No one even notices because no one ever looks back at them.

Poor digital photos. They never had a chance.




At my parents' house is a whole shelf full of old school photo albums. They're hunter green, navy or maroon with gold stripes. Do you have some of those? The ones with the clear sheet that peels off the page. I love looking through them.

My mom clearly chose the best of the best photos to fill the albums. Next to each photo she wrote the location, date and names.

If the computer and Internet all crash tomorrow, we'll still have those fabulous old photo albums that are full of one or two great photos from most of the major events in my family's life.




Facebook and iPhoto albums are great, really. But when I feel like taking a walk down memory lane I don't want to see forty-five photos of one random party that happened a few years ago. One photo will suffice.



That's what I did today. I went through my computer and picked out the best of the best. A photo or two from each event that I thought was important enough to photograph at the time. No scenery - only people.




Then I marched my happy ass on over to the drug store and developed all 113 photos. Then I put them in an old school photo album and wrote quick captions next to each - place, date, people. No cute scrapbook for this girl.

That way we can quickly flip through an album and see a quick snapshot of our lives all the way back to 2005 when TC and I met.




See? I knew there was a reason I took all those photos! They're much happier in my old school photo album than rotting away on a hard drive.



Plus, TC had never seen most of them - including this little gem from a museum trip that I had forgotten about.

What do you do with all your digital photos? 


________________________________________

Workout: nothing. still sick as a dog. finally got some antibiotics today. thank the good Lord.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Scrapbooking is always so overwhelming to me, but this seems totally doable. I'm going to add it to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete