Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Momma.

These days my mom lives awfully far away. Truth be told, it breaks my heart and I miss her every day. Fortunately, we text, talk or email almost daily so she still gets her daily dose of my antics. I think that makes the pain of me living far away easier. I'm a lot to handle.

God bless that woman for surviving the past thirty years of life with me. She deserves Mother of the Year for tolerating me.





But tolerating me AND my sister? Sainthood would be the only appropriate honor. My sister's a real piece of work. That's her on the right, in case you couldn't tell who is the more ridiculous one.




I've learned soooo much from my mom - pretty much everything I know, come to think of it.

Her catchphrases are my favorite. I don't even know if she knows how often she repeats(ed) these lines.

Anyway, I think these catchphrases sum up how awesome my mom is - she's tough as nails, caring and compassionate, hard working, smart, she's a nurse, a fabulous cook, holds me accountable, doesn't put up with too much nonsense, has high expectations and is absolutely the best mom ever.





In no particular order, here they are:

No pity for self inflicted pain.


Be a strong independent woman of the '90s! 


This is why you always have to behave yourself...


You made a commitment...


I'll send them some cookies...

The m&m's are hidden behind the wine glasses.


What time are you going to be home?


I've heard the wind blow before...(eye roll)...


Hi sweet baby girl. How's my littlest angel?


We just ask that you do your best.


I have to go to the stupid gym now.




I love you, Momma.

You too, Dad.

Happy Mother's Day!


__________________________________________


Friday Workout: Cardio - 30 minutes, Weights: biceps, shoulders, abs


Saturday Workout: rest. much needed rest. i'm sick with a nasty cold.


Sunday Workout: 11 mile run, per training plan - race next weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment