Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Boredom. And Insider Information.

The Canadian and I have been waiting all day for our house guest to arrive. Like, we haven't left the house except for breakfast this morning. Rover Bill is coming to stay with us for the weekend and hopefully work his magic on The Canadian's Land Rover. You see, the truck has not been running since January and I'm getting a little sick of having one car for the two of us. Since the Land Rover is 40 years old it breaks a lot and can't be taken to a normal mechanic like a normal car. That would be too easy. Instead, The Canadian does most of the work himself...except for big problems. For those he calls on Rover Bill, the godfather of old Land Rovers. Rover Bill doesn't exactly know that I call him Rover Bill either. Apparently he prefers to be called Bill, but I've really taken a liking to the nickname so I'll keep calling him that and hope he gets used to it.

Anyway, Rover Bill was coming into town this 'afternoon' so we made ourselves available (It's now 11pm and we're still waiting). It's not like there is anything better to do anyway. Apparently all of Canada shuts down for Good Friday. No work, no grocery store, no Starbucks. I can't really remember but I'm 90% sure it's not like this in the States.

With all this free time on my hands today I spent way too much time fiddling on the internet. Much to my surprise I discovered my lovely sister felt the need to broadcast my blog on Facebook. I know that by writing a blog I'm putting myself out there but I definitely wasn't anticipating Facebook broadcasting. So that being the case I now feel the need to write something tonight even though I have nothing to write about because I spent all day waiting on Rover Bill. Fortunately I found this lovely email spam that I filled out in order to amuse myself this afternoon. So I'll share it...just in case you wanted a little insight on the chaos I call my thoughts.




How cute was I? I loved that strawberry dress...

Okay, here we go:

I am: desperately trying to get back in shape.
I think: that I need a new car because mine is possessed. Seriously, after two years of the beep-beep not working when I locked the car it has suddenly come back to life.
I know: that I’m a little crazy.
I have: a monster for a dog. But she’s my monster and I love her.
I wish: I didn’t ever have to worry about money. And that it was hot outside.
I hate: mushrooms and green peppers. And stupidity.
I miss: all things Southern. Mainly grits and sweet tea.
I fear: fire.
I hear: music in my head all day long. Usually rap or bad 80’s.
I smell: gasoline and think of summers on the lake.
I crave: good sushi and Indian food.
I search: google all the time. It’s how I learned the proper way to cut an avacado.
I wonder: when it will be my turn to win a Pioneer Woman contest.
I regret: not going to Grad school after college.
I love: The Canadian. And wine.
I ache: after attempting to run.
I believe: that Karma can be a bitch. As well it should be.
I dance: in the car, much to The Canadian’s amusement and embarrassment.
I sing:.at the top of my lungs with the windows down all the time. It goes well with the dancing.
I cry: rarely. The world has to be ending. Or I have to be really frustrated.
I fight: as little as possible. I’m not a big fan of confrontation. Used to be, but not anymore.
I lose: my mind all the time. Let me know if you find it.
I win: nothing. Not even scrabble or dominoes. Let alone the lottery.
I never: want to shovel snow again. Ever.
I always: have coffee to start my day and wine to end it.

____________________________________

Workout: Cardio - 20 minutes, Weights: biceps, shoulders, legs, abs. Short and sweet since the gym closed early for Good Friday and I didn't get there in time because I would have never guessed in a million years the freakin' gym would be closing for Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment