Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

CO to NJ: Day 8: New Jersey: NYC Skyline


Okay, I swear this is the last post about my trip. I can't help it. I'm lame, with no life and nothing else to write about. Besides, I think my mom is enjoying the play by play (right, mom?).





So Saturday was my last day in Jersey with my sister. Taking the trains and subways are a major part of city life that neither of us has any experience with, so we decided to go out and conquer the Light Rail. The Light Rail is a mini train that runs through Jersey City and into Hoboken, the adjacent town.




Lucky for us, there is a stop right outside my sister's building.





It runs right through the streets of Jersey City...literally. I don't know how we didn't take out any cars.





We ended up in the Hoboken train station...after riding on illegal tickets, might I add. (Note: must validate tickets next time. who knew??)





The Hoboken train station has the big boy trains that go into the city...but we didn't go near them.





Nope, we just looked...and then ran the other direction.





We stopped for breakfast at a fantastic hole in the wall deli. You know the kind of deli I'm talking about? The kind you can only find in New York? I would move to the city for the delis alone.




Yup, kiss my weight loss plan good bye. 







Anyway, in attempt to ward of immediate cellulite we wandered down to the waterfront. Marissa tells me that this is right where Sully's plane went down but I only believe about half of what she says... Either way, the views of Manhattan were fantastic.




Being the mature person that I am I thought it might be fun to pinch the Empire State building.





Look how strong I am! I can hold up the whole freakin' building.





But Marissa, well she decided to squish the Empire State building. Does she have no respect for major landmarks?

Jeez...some people. Can't take her anywhere.


__________________________________________


Workout: Cardio - 45 minutes, Weights - triceps, chest, abs


Weigh-in tomorrow! God help me and my sitting-in-a-car-for-a-week-eating-whatever-the-heck-I-wanted-to butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment